The dictionary definition of software development reads: “software development is the process of conceiving, specifying, designing, programming, documenting, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications, frameworks, or other software components.”
What does that mean?
Basically, we can design unique apps or computer programmes specifically to solve your company’s IT problems. You could benefit from bespoke software if you are:
- constantly flicking between different systems to get what you need to do, done
- using a website which is missing a particular function which would make your life easier
- manually completing repetitive tasks
- using over-complicated systems because they’re the only ones which seem to have what you need, but have too many irrelevant functions
- using a faulty, slow, or poorly functioning web or back-end system
JSE Computing can create a software which fixes all of these issues. We have over 30 years’ experience in creating personal, all-in-one systems.
What does it do?
The most common software that we build at JSE is called integration software. Think of integration / automation software as a bridge which connects your different programmes.
There are applications for just about everything today, but there are not enough applications which link them all together – this is where integration software comes into play.
An example: our clients Broighter Gold take hundreds of orders online for their cold pressed oil through their websites. Any time they received an order in the past, they had to open their Shopify website, then copy and paste the customers’ names and addresses into a spreadsheet. Then, copy and paste this information again into their courier’s website to create a postage label.
We custom-built a piece of software for Broighter Gold which connects their Shopify (where they receive their orders) to an online data-base which remembers customer details, so they can analyse their demographic for better, more targeted marketing in the future. Information is then automatically sent to the courier’s website, creating the postage labels, and cutting out the need to continually copy and paste. This has saved the Broighter Gold team hours of manual work, meaning they can focus on and develop other parts of their company. Read Leona’s review of JSE’s custom software in our testimonials section.
I don’t need something which connects platforms, I need a WHOLE NEW platform.
We can do that for you too! As well as integration software, we make:
- Mobile apps for Apple and Android which are standalone, or connect with webpages, windows applications, databases and more.
- Windows Applications which are designed for the internal network of your organisation.
- Web-based applications. Front and back-end, fully functioning websites which are securely backed-up in our datacentre. We also offer content writing services5 so your new website is written to perfection.
We have also designed a new ordering system, proof of concept and database for our clients Seating Matters.
Previously, orders and quote requests were arriving through multiple different channels and had to be uploaded manually. Not only was this slowing down production, but it was also leading to errors in order processing: the wrong things were being made, and the occasional order request was going missing.
To solve this issue, we created a web application that allowed the seating specialists to create more accurate price quotes, at a quicker rate, that linked to their existing Sage database – more integration software! Order progress can now be tracked through the factory as every time it moves along the production line, it is updated online, and this information is shared through the web system we created so anyone in the factory can access it.
We also built a database where the seating specialists could design the chairs they sold and add all of the components they needed to build them. This meant that an online inventory of what exactly is needed for each chair could be made, maximising accuracy and minimising unnecessary spend, as only what is needed to build the chair, is ordered.
Our software is built with the latest Microsoft Technology, and is hosted in our ISO accredited data centre. Read our blog for the full details of how we helped Seating Matters here, our testimonial from the company director, Ryan Tierney, can be found here.
These solutions are unique to Broighter Gold and Seating Matters, of course. They just exemplify the ways in which having a custom-built programme can help innovate your business. What issues does your business need help with?
Benefits – according to the people who have used our service
- Easy to use, add as many or as little functions and sections as you’d like
- Quicker order processing – more customers in less time
- You have complete editorial control over how it looks and feels, and what purpose it serves
- Customisable and scalable in the future – something regular software simply does not offer!
- Saves money in employee costs and hours
- Previously difficult tasks are now very easy and quick
- Securely backed-up
Read more about Software development here.
If you’re ready to enhance the efficiency of your business, reduce costs and increase profits, then request a free consultation now.